1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leger label question

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by queen0ftheang3ls, Sep 21, 2009.

1. queen0ftheang3ls

queen0ftheang3ls Registered Guest

Hello all,
    I recently picked up a 2 piece skirt set - rayon, polka dots, bustle back. Pretty darn cute.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

And it has, inside both pieces, this label:

[​IMG]

This label doesn't match those for Herve Leger, and I'm under the impression that Leger's pieces were/are made in France. I looked up the RN number and it says it's registered to "Laundry by Shelli Segal" - who began her company in the 80s and is still around today.

Does anyone have a theory as to what's going on with this set? Did "Laundry" have some kind of collaboration with Leger, or did some other company just use the name with no affiliation?

I like the set regardless of the label, but it's curious all the same!

2. queen0ftheang3ls

Can anyone help me with this? I found an auction here with the same label as mine being sold as Herve Leger. I don't want to sell mine as a Leger piece unless I'm sure it really is.

I'd appreciate anybody's opinion!

3. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

4. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

5. queen0ftheang3ls

Thanks for the info, Maggie! It's interesting that poor Herve could be pretty much bought out of his own name. That must be a little strange to get used to!