1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Leo Narducci - Age and Fabric?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by LaToya, Jun 10, 2012.

1. LaToya

LaToya Registered Guest

1-Recently Updated16.jpg
    1-Recently Updated17.jpg

Thank you in advance.
    ~La Toya

2. La Toya, can you please tell us more about these garments: you're the one who can feel them, not us, so perhaps if you tell us what you think the fabric is? What does it feel like?

Also - can you please limit your posts to one garment (or one label) per post.

Does the first one have shoulder pads? Any openings? Any other labels - the more you can tell us, the more we can tell you. A small number of photos isn't always sufficient and we don't have the advantage of being able to turn the garment inside out, see the seams, construction, detailing. It could be silk or could be polyester. If you tell us more it will help.

The second one looks like eyelet lace??? over acetate with a cotton velvet bust detail. Or is it printed? I can't tell from your photo.

3. LaToya

LaToya Registered Guest

Hello Nicole.
    Thank you for asking your questions. I really am just more interest in the Designer label rather than the fabric. I wasn't able to find information in the Label Resource Guide, so I thought I'd reach out to members in the forums.. But to start a new thread for each one seems like I would be taking over the forums. I don't want to be overbearing in any way and I do appreciate all of the help I have received thus far.

4. LaToya, asking about age and fabric in your title will illicit replies about age and fabric...not about designers or anything else necessarily that you are not asking about. I'm trying to help you but if you don't make it clear what you want, you're not likely to get responses you like.

5. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Sometimes if you just do a Google search you find out interesting things about the designer:

http://jewelryaccessories.com/narducci-jewelry.html

I think this is your man! The other label is probably the name of the shop where the dress what purchased.

Linn

LaToya likes this.
  6. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

Dear LaToya,
    Certain designers are associated with using certain fabrics, so a question about fiber and weave content, may be an indirect way to get to information about the designer. Also certain fabrics are associated with certain decades, so knowing the fabric, and often construction details can get you closer to a decade. Labels are important but other details are important too. Good luck with your quest.
    Marian

LaToya likes this.
  7. LaToya

LaToya Registered Guest

This quest is deeper than I imagined. I do respect the passion that you all share for Vintage. I recognize this by the questions and concerns that you all have, along with the readiness and willingness to provide answers.

Being a two-time Fashion Design graduate, only 10% of my studies dealt with Vintage Fashion. I did take a class on Fashion History, but this dealt more with era's rather than design details. I have been an admirer of vintage pieces since I was a child. I have visited a few museums that featured Vintage clothing, but never have I had this opportunity to hold, touch, and feel a true Vintage piece of Designer clothing, like I have recently.

If you're interested in seeing my album of Vintage finds from this Estate, please visit https://picasaweb.google.com/111987462393686981046/VintageClothing02?authuser=0&feat=directlink

8. LaToya

LaToya Registered Guest

Thank you for explaining this Marian. I was totally unaware of this. I do have some fabric knowledge, but I'm stumped on a few.. I will keep this in mind :)

9. LaToya

LaToya Registered Guest

Oh Wow.. Thank you for the link! This design is gorgeous, but I guess he found his "calling" in Jewelry.