1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Levi’s 511 Big E jeans

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by JimmyPage10, Mar 25, 2022.

1. JimmyPage10

JimmyPage10 Registered Guest

Hello, I’m new to the sight and am excited to be here.

I recently thrifted a pair of 511 Big E jeans. I’m trying to date them as well as determine value.
    The little research I have done says Big E are pre-1971 and hence has value. But the care tag is the “ribbon” kind and made in Mexico.

Can someone please straighten me out?

thanks.

Attached Files:

Retro Ruth likes this.
  2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I will look for my Levi's dating chart but if they're made in Mexico, they are approx. mid 90s at oldest. That's when Levi moved manufacturing to Mexico.

3. JimmyPage10

What accounts for the Big E? Might have a counterfeit pair?

4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I am not sure that they're counterfeit but could be. They could be from the Levi vintage line that's very contemporary not at all vintage. I'd look on the Levi's page and see if those 511s are there. Then look on a Poshmark to see if there's a close up pic of that tab. I recall them being little e, but don't quote me on that.

We aren't allowed to authenticate here. But...

5. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Weren't there some reissues using the Big E? Just to confuse us vintage traders.

6. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I can't find anything concrete, but a number of sellers seem to be selling Y2K Big E Reissue Levis. Yours certainly don't seem 60s 70s with thoese labels, so if they aren't a total fake, they are from that reissue period. Denim is not my area of expertise, so maybe someone else will weigh in.

7. JimmyPage10

Thanks for everybody’s help.

8. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member