1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Levi's skirt - help? :)

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Moonchild, Jul 16, 2021.

1. Moonchild

Moonchild Registered Guest

I have this gorgeous Levi's denim skirt. I has no "Levi's" tag except for the red little tag on the outside, that most items have.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    But it does have this on the inside,
    [​IMG]

A lot of random numbers. What do they mean?

I hope you guys can help! By the look of it, it definitely looks 90's to me, but by the length, it could be older, I reckon.
    Btw - how do I make the pictures smaller? LOL

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Made in Malta is a new one for me. As the label has languages like Polish, Croatian, Hungarian and Czech, this is definitely 90s at the oldest, certainly post the demise of communist countries and the split up of Balkan countries. The numbers might refer to the design number or which factory it was made at.

Moonchild likes this.
  3. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Has it been altered? it looks to have darts in the back which run through the waistband!

4. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Looks altered.

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Good spotting, Gem Gem - I overlooked that totally for all my looking at the label... I agree, it was taken in at the waist. This might be easy to undo if nothing was cut off on the inside.

6. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

The whiskering looks pre-fabricated as opposed to natural - did that start in the 90s? I'm thinking yes.

GemGem likes this.
  7. Moonchild

Ohh good eye! I did not see that. - Just checked, it's definitely altered!

8. Moonchild

Did it start in the 90's?
    Cause that would be a great help in identification of age!

9. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

In all honesty, I'm not so sure this is vintage yet...

GemGem and Moonchild like this.
  10. Moonchild

Unfortunately, I don't always receive vintage pieces, even though I literally buy from "Vintage" wholesalers. It's a bit frustrating, when they promise items from 60's - 90's, and I get at least 20-30 pieces from 00's and up. I wouldn't call this vintage either. It's most likely from early 2000's.

GemGem likes this.
  11. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Early to mid 2000s had some cute styles, just not quite yet vintage if you follow the 20 years rule.