1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Linda, this one is for you ....

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by amandainvermont, Nov 4, 2016.

1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

2. Robin of Frocksley

Robin of Frocksley Registered Guest

This is hilarious!! Thanks for sharing

3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

That's a riot, the rhinestone glam with the rooster!:hysterical:

4. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Oh my god they are all modelled by British actors and TV personalities. That first one is Martin Jarvis. I'm not sure who that is modelling the rooster. Joanna Lumley is further down.

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Haha, that IS a hoot! I've had knitting magazines from the late 80s and early 90s with similarly wacky patterns (minus the celebrity models) in my shop, they sold pretty well.

6. Lily K.Chadwick

Lily K.Chadwick Registered Guest

I can't get over how fantastic the designs are, on both the last Jantzen you posted and the sweaters the girls are wearing in the group photo!

I've never had much luck finding sweaters/jumpers, but have one which I thought I'd share. It's a rather tiny(I think probably somewhat shrunken) 1940s Jantzen. Apologies for the poor photos, the colours didn't show up well until the last shot.

Also, thanks ever so much for the photos you and others posted on the other sweater thread Linda, it was such a great read!
    Happy New Year,
    Lily

Attached Files:

Better Dresses Vintage and Midge like this.
  7. Linda, your sweaters are amazing.

As for the book of patterns Amanda posted, some of them are kind of cute! I like the cat one (though the colors could use some tweaking), and the kid's one with the mouse in the pocket.

But most of them, and the styling? Good heavens! "I'm a luxury ... few can afford." LOL. What a riot.

The 1980s had some of the silliest fashion ever. It's our very own "baroque" era. Overdone in every way. Didn't like it while it was happening, although it did smell pretty good. Some good perfumes and colognes. I miss "Halston Night" -- my go-to "out in the city looking for trouble" scent.

8. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Oh My - my first reaction when I saw the man on that sweater - Trump!