1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Link Resource & VFG Events Calendar

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by theopshoproc, Jul 27, 2004.

1. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

<h3>
    Here are some quick links:

The Vintage Fashion Guild Events Calendar - Shows upcoming promotions hosted by VFG including VTA, VBO & other Special Events.

Vintage Clothing Events - This shows upcoming events, exhibits and auctions that may be of interest to vintage clothing lovers and collectors.

The VFG Links Resource - Comprehensive compilation of fashion related links.

<center>This is where we ask you to help contribute information for these features. If you come across a local exhibit in your area or other area or know of any upcoming auction where there will be vintage clothing, please post it here with the details and we'll add it to the list! <p> If you have any additions for the link resource, please post them here as well!</center>

2. premierludwig

premierludwig Registered Guest

All these American events going on, and then the moment there's one in Britain just half an hour's drive from me I'm due to be visiting Illinois! LOL! Oh well, I'd only spend too much money.

The Victoria and Albert Museum has some amazing exhibitions on... and it's the top place to go if you're a vintage clothing addict and visiting London as there's always a large clothing display. Rich British ladies try and leave their clothing collections to the V&A in their will, but they're so fussy there they hardly ever accept them! LOL! :)

The main website for the V&A:
    http://www.vam.ac.uk/

What's On at the V&A:
    http://www.vam.ac.uk/visiting/whatson/?section=whatson

Last time I was visiting there was a huge display of Ossie Clark which had me in raptures... they were even showing news footage from his 1960s/70s fashion shows on a big screen.

love, moons and starrs,
    Senti.*

3. premierludwig

premierludwig Registered Guest

I've started using this a lot this week while researching some vintage costume jewellery, and thought it may come in useful for others at the VFG:

Researching Costume Jewellery

love, moons and starrs,
    Senti.*

4. Ooo, that's a great jewelry source! Thanks!

Steph

5. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I am negligent in sending in updates to this...
    It might be a bit late, but there is a Costume, Fashion & Accessories auction coming up November 16 at Waddington's in Toronto. There might still be time to get a catalogue if you phone them. Their phone number is 416-504-9100 Toll free number 1-877-504-5700

I got the catalogue on friday and there are a LOT of Puccis, and a smattering of various other designer and couture 1950s - 1970s clothes. There is one lot I will be trying for (and no I am not going to tell you which one right now...it's bad luck)

Wish me luck!

6. emmapeelpants

emmapeelpants Alumni

7. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

Thank you Liz, I didn't have that Museum on the list or the exhibition. I have just updated the VFG Events and the Exhibits & Museums pages -they should be live on the site today or tomorrow when our webmaster gets a chance.

Senti - I have to update the Links resource page next... Please everyone feel free to add your most helpful links here on this thread and hopefully I'll get a bunch to add during my next update. Thanks for the great Jewelry link. :)

8. emmapeelpants

emmapeelpants Alumni

9. artizania

artizania Alumni + VFG Past President

Liz - you beat me to it re Queen Maud! The Sunday Telegraph supplement did a spread about this exhibition - those dresses are stunning, nearly all Worth too...............and her 18" waist was - well, staggering!

10. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

This one's around the corner from my job so I'll be checking it out on my lunch break next week (it's rainy and cold today and I don't want to leave the office!)

Fashion Underground: Subway Inspired Accessories