1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

FAQ Logging in to the forums on a phone

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by Retro Ruth, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

We've had a few reports that people have trouble logging in on a phone, because they hit the logo, instead of the login button, as they are so close together.

Here's a workaround.

Instead of clicking 'Log in or Sign up', click the little blue arrow, further down, on the right, as circled in red in this screenshot.

Screenshot_20200826-112503.png

This brings up the Quick Navigation Menu, which has a login /sign up button, easy to click. Then log in as normal.

Screenshot_20200826-112532.png

Last edited: Sep 14, 2020
  2. Vintage Runway

Vintage Runway VFG Member

3. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Wow, that's helpful! :clapping: I can't remember who mentioned this problem in particular (was it Victoria @Blue Wren Vintage?), but many of us can use this tip!

Retro Ruth likes this.
  4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

5. Blue Wren Vintage

Blue Wren Vintage Registered Guest

No not me but this info is still very useful :)

denisebrain likes this.
  6. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

It was me - "Sausage Fingers Robbins."

Thank you for this Ruth!

I still cannot stay logged in, even if I chose that option but this makes it so much easier to get back in.

Retro Ruth likes this.
  7. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I'm aware this is an issue for some, and have a read a little about it, but it's not completely clear what causes it. The one suggestion I have that may help, is to clear your cookies, as apparently sometimes it's because of a corrupted cookie. If you don't want to clear all cookies, there should be a way to just clear VFG cookies, but the instructions vary from browser to browser. If you can, you can also try a different browser, possibly you will be able to stay logged in, in a different browser.

After clearing cookies, you will definitely have to log in again, but if it works, only once. Let me know if you try this.

8. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

I will do that. Thank you!

I had thought it was because I was using an old iPhone 6, but it's still happening with my iPhone 11. Happily, I have loads more storage in my new phone so I can install another browser. I had only around 10 apps on my old phone because the storage was full of photos of vintage and cats.

MagsRags and Retro Ruth like this.
  9. HockeyFan

HockeyFan Registered Guest

Thank you!

10. Al Holden

Al Holden Registered Guest

I did that exact thing my first time yesterday! Thank you so very much!

Retro Ruth likes this.