1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

London Fog labels

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by jauntyrooster, Jun 4, 2010.

1. jauntyrooster

jauntyrooster Alumni

On an off chance, does anyone know of a resource for dating London Fog labels? Have a couple items - too much to post - but thought it couldn't hurt to ask about a good resource. Any thoughts?

2. jauntyrooster

jauntyrooster Alumni

P.S. - I am not sure how that little angry emoticon got on there but I promise, that is not how I am feeling! :)

3. How funny! I've never noticed those little emoticons: I wonder where they come from? Is this a new and interesting feature of our forums? Where can we choose the emoticon that best represents our mood? Inquiring minds need to know :online:

...aha! I just added the above emoticon that we see a lot of and the text is "online" so perhaps it. Not sure where your angry face comes from? If it's this one, :flaming: the text is "flaming".

EDIT: actually my "online" emoticon didn't work because it displays differently to the one that I chose (which looks the same as the one above).

Nicole

4. I'm such a silly.....the emoticons appear at the top of the "Post Reply" form. I always use the space at the bottom of the page so I didn't know, but if you click on the "Post Reply" button, it comes up and you can see the emoticon options at the top.

msgrossmyer, my guess is that you accidentally seleted one. The smiley face is the default. You can see I've chosen the bag on the head, because that's how silly I now feel...

N

5. jauntyrooster

jauntyrooster Alumni

Hi Nicole,

It was so weird, I posted through my phone and suddenly it appeared. I am sure I accidentally hit something since everything is so small on the phone but I got a good laugh when I saw the little angry face that had been accidentally added. Just my luck - it couldn't be a nice smiley friendly face it had to be that angry face that my husband sees all the time! :D

That is a better one!

6. DeCoDiVa

DeCoDiVa Registered Guest

LONDON FOG HISTORY

:icon_dante: so over my morning coffee, which turned into afternoon coffee.. I too, have a London Fog trench..can't tell what year though. I think you have to do the "route via the manufacturing Union search site" (more info in the resources forum)
    But look at his crazy link for articles and a Reader's Digest version of the history of LF.
    http://www.fundinguniverse.com/company-histories/London-Fog-Industries-Inc-Company-History.html

Happy Sleuthing

7. monkeypaints

monkeypaints Registered Guest