1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for a year made on a Copley Slip

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Megan Graves, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Megan Graves

Megan Graves Registered Guest

Today on one of my thrift store scavenges, I found a beautiful slip. It is made by Copley. The label bears this information: Short Size 38 Copley "A Proportioned Slip". The back of the label says: 100 % Nylon Shadowproof. The bottom has the Union Label for ILGWU the bottom half is worn, but I think it is AFL-CIO. I have tried searching for Copley slips online and have found nothing. Has anyone encountered this particular brand or have any information about it? Thanks so much! I am new to the group and excited to further my vintage knowledge.
    Megan Graves

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

You should post pictures! : ))))

3. Megan Graves

Here are some pictures!! It caught my eye when I noticed the seams, so I checked the tag and bought the slip for a 35 cents!

Attached Files:

4. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Rita Nylon likes this.
  5. Megan Graves

Thanks so much, Linn! I live in Mississippi so there is rarely any good finds within thrift stores and then finding them takes a lot of searching. It is beautiful and I am glad to know that it is that old!