1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for age and estimated price for my Alfred Bosand dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Cat Stuart, Sep 20, 2021.

1. Cat Stuart

Cat Stuart Registered Guest

CB500EDA-47CE-4AAA-8675-53A51558AF2A.jpeg 433205F2-2439-4C4E-82EF-05566423A4C5.jpeg Hi, name is Cat. I purchased this beautiful vintage dress in 1995 from a local thrift shop. Had no idea it would be such a neat piece. If anyone can help me I would very much appreciate your time and knowledge. Thank you! 1439AD3A-16AF-484C-AEA0-E81E55577231.jpeg

Distantdetails likes this.
  2. Great dress!
    My guess would be 1970s but wait for others to chime in.
    We cannot offer a valuation per the forum rules.
    Googling, which I assume you've already done, shows a wide range of prices, including a dress for only $50 US which is also black lace:

1970s Vintage Chantilly Lace Dress Alfred Bosand

3. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

I agree with 70s.

4. Cat Stuart

I was thinking 70’s too. Thank you so much! Are the pictures showing black lace? It’s actually a violet blue color, there is no black.

5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

6. That's exactly what I thought.

7. Cat Stuart

Thank you so much for your help! I will try to get better pictures of the color. I appreciate your help! Cat

8. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

That is a very pretty dress. The one Donna referred to has a lot of breaks in the lace.