1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Vintagiality, Oct 30, 2019.

1. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Hi all,

I am looking for a dress like this one but not strapless. Also, does this type of skirt style has a name?

Thank you
    Victoria
    CE8AD7C4-5C0D-42E3-BAFF-9462D24E17E7.jpeg

2. amelia harry

amelia harry Registered Guest

It's a Chiffon Strapless Evening Gown, I saw it's on vintage, I don't know you search it on there or not, I also saw many replicas as well on different online stores as well, search it by its name you will definitely find.

3. Victoria, it’s easy to add straps onto any strapless dress too.

Flannery Crane likes this.
  4. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

This is called an overskirt. Some may label it a fly away skirt.

5. Vintagiality

Thank you Nicole. I could try to add straps but I was looking for something that has short sleeves maybe. Either way, I am having a hard time finding one with an overskirt regardless of the bodice style

Racked Vintage likes this.
  6. Victoria, you're right; overskirts are rare but you can always add an overskirt, by creating one out of chiffon and incorporating style elements into the bodice to create a cohesive design.

7. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

8. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

They can be very difficult to find out in the wild. :) Best of luck!

Gorgeous!! beatingHeart

9. Vintagiality

10. Victoria, if you're looking for a particular size, it might help to add the measurements you need.

11. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

I love that one offered by Vintage Vendeuse!

I have been using GEM search to look to see what's out there. There seem to be more items similar to the one you pictured with the term overskirt (one word, not two). https://gem.app/search?terms=overskirt