1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for information on looking glass made in England Liverpool label

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Fae Mazuni Starshine, Nov 13, 2017.

?

Looking for information on looking glass made in England Liverpool label

1. Details of looking glass

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Information on company

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Fae Mazuni Starshine

Fae Mazuni Starshine Registered Guest

I bought a lovely psychedelic waistcoat today and I am curious to know the history of the designer of it.

Attached Files:

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Interesting. I have a pair of knicker-bockers by Looking Glass, which are modern, and Made in Turkey. I bought them in the UK but second hand, so can't be sure it's a UK brand. It may not be the same brand, of course. I can't find anything about a UK brand called Looking Glass.

The care label on yours looks very 1970s.

3. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I'm pretty sure it was a 60's/70's boutique.

4. Fae Mazuni Starshine

Fae Mazuni Starshine Registered Guest

Thankyou I appreciate your replies. It's such an interesting piece of clothing-the fabric is 1960's possibly early 1970's. The name looking glass is everywhere online so it seems impossible to do this research, however it's an interesting learning experience so far. The fact the label says made in England and Liverpool is intriguing as it was at the forefront in the whole 1960's flower power, hippie music art scene in the uk. I am surprised not to find this label anywhere, I do hope to discover more about the history of where this garment was designed who by and where it was made... looking glass is an amazing name.... thanks

Mad Catter likes this.