1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for Information

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Sherrys.Camera, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Sherrys.Camera

Sherrys.Camera Registered Guest

back in the 1940s, my mother was a floor model for a department store in Los Angeles called "Western Fashions".

I am seeking info on this store. Does anyone have a clue?

Thank you so much

2. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Are you sure that was the name of the store? I found many 1940s references to a California-based sportswear company called "Western Fashions", designed by Lynn Lester, but nothing turned up on a store with that name.

This site has info on California department stores (including ones in LA). Maybe one of our California members will know more?

Good luck in your search!

3. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

I agree with Carrie that Western Fashions was likely the company that made the clothes that your mother modeled.

Here is a link to a 1946 fashion magazine, the Caifornian, which may be of interest. It puportedly has something (an ad?) about Western Fashions, but I became so enngrossed in the content that I forgot to loook for the page that mentions Western Fashions. If you read it in PDF format, in particular, you can do a search for the words Western Fashions:

http://archive.org/stream/californian01losa#page/n1/mode/2up

4. Sherrys.Camera

Sherrys.Camera Registered Guest

AWESOME! Thank you both so much!