1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for interviewees for a book about vintage handbags

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Vintagepursegal, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Vintagepursegal

Vintagepursegal VFG Member

Hello! I'm writing a book about the federal excise (luxury!) tax that was placed on handbags and other items in the U.S. from 1944-1965. I'd like to get interviews--either by phone or email--with people who have knowledge of this topic. I am looking for the following: those who remember paying the tax, those who were involved in efforts to repeal it, people who were in the handbag industry during this time and have some knowledge of how it affected sales, and people who were in the handbag DIY industry (patterns, supplies, fabrics, etc.). Obviously, it's difficult to find those who were in the thick of it because it was so long ago. However, I'm hoping that experts and historians who perhaps weren't around during this era but have relevant information would consent to being interviewed. Please respond here or contact me directly if you want more info or can help with this book. Thank you!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2018