1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for nightgown sewing pattern suggestions

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Lisa Ellis, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Lisa Ellis

Lisa Ellis Registered Guest

Hello Everyone,
    I'm Lisa, and I just started collecting vintage nightgowns. I'm having a hard time finding a reasonably priced Olga gown in a size large that isn't damaged. So I'd like to make a nightgown with a huge sweep. Can someone recommend a sewing pattern for me? I'd greatly appreciate it.

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Welcome Lisa!

I moved your post here to the Q & A section so that someone can help you with your question.

3. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Boy, that's a tough one... I think Kwik and Style patterns had a sweeping nightgown pattern in the 80s.

Or you could 'troll' eBay for one... I see them often enough enough there as well as Poshmark. In face, we have a sz L 80s one on eBay that isn't damaged and its listing is set for OBO ; )

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

5. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

Here's the one we have... not huge sweeping like the goddess ones I think you mean, but still pretty.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/233192417972

6. Blondzai

Blondzai Registered Guest

I can check my patterns. Was there any particular color you were looking for I can check my stock of nightgowns to see if I have any