1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for something similar

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Kathryn Hughes, Dec 4, 2020.

1. Kathryn Hughes

Kathryn Hughes Registered Guest

So I'm really into ponchos right now - I'm looking at one online that's a mix of brown and black, but I'd love to know where people get their vintage ponchos from? Show pictures/send recommendations!

[link removed by admin]

Is it primarily charity shops you search in or do you prefer ebay etc - give me all the recs!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2020
  2. mags_rags

mags_rags Trade Member

Pre-pandemic, I enjoyed "retail therapy" at local venues, whether estate sales or thrift shops. It does not work for me to go searching for a particular item. I have always done best when I go in thinking "I wonder what I am going to find here today?" and let my eyes and fingers lead me.

eBay has some good sellers, as well as a lot of folks who are way too casual for me in terms of information, knowledge and presentation. You may come across a treasure, but it takes exhaustive searching plus luck - eBay does not necessarily show you everything that would fit the parameters of your search. Etsy is generally better but search can be overwhelming there too.

On both sites, it can help narrow your search down if you add "VFG" as a search term. That gives you listings from VFG trade members, who follow our code of practice.

Best of luck on your hunt!

The Vintage Merchant likes this.