1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking for something to do - Free Fashion course

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by poppysvintageclothing, Apr 3, 2020.

1. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I have started doing this course. It's very interesting and certainly gives you a lot to think about. I like doing a bit every morning after breakfast, as a start of the day. I jumped in a bit later and did week one in about three days, which worked well for me.

There's a fashion history one that looks super interesting too: https://www.futurelearn.com/courses/royal-fashion

And on another note, they have some about tourism as well that would actually be relevant for me professionally. They all require just a few hour's study each week, so they would even be doable when my work jumps back to 100%.

3. poppysvintageclothing

Great to hear you are doing this, Karin! I would imagine it is quite well constructed as an online program.

4. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  5. poppysvintageclothing

So nice to hear you are enjoying these courses!

6. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I have just finished the royal fashion and history course too, and have found it very interesting! Whilst I've had a bit of a slob moment over the last week, I have kept up with the course (or the course kept up with me) because it was so interesting. I have now bought the upgrade from FutureLearn and will continue with courses, though the next one will be more for my professional interest - Culture & Tourism (at least one chapter seems to feature mostly Australian examples, which of course makes it more interesting to me...).

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  7. poppysvintageclothing