1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking for such a "new look"

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by zilchist, May 15, 2014.

1. zilchist

zilchist Registered Guest

I am looking for such a amazing piece, you know, definitely "new look" design. short sleeves, neckline design, full skirt absolutely.... I think it's very traditional, simple but elegant design not very flamboyant. So the most exciting is the color, apple green, so brisk and adorable. But it's sold....
    mmexport1400211236014.jpg mmexport1400211238932.jpg

2. zilchist

BTW, the fabric is so glossy. So if anyone has such a dress, leave a message to me. TKs..:USING:

3. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

I have this dress with a lot of the same elements you like. It measures B40" W30" shown on a 36/26 dress form. It only has one soft petticoat underneath, to achieve the look above requires more than one stiff net underskirt, which it would take.
    1950s turquoise blue floral dress.jpg 1950s turquoise blue floral dress pic 2.jpg

Last edited: Jul 28, 2014
  4. zilchist

Thanks Melanie. The dress you posted is fabulous, but it's not my dream color. I need pure color, you know, not flower pattern at best. Though I know apple green is very rare and it's not easy to find, EVEN I have not expected to find the same color, whatever I will keep trying.. Good luck for me. Thank you again.

5. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

No problem, to help our members suggest items it would be good to let us know what size you require, measurements are best.

6. zilchist

Thank you. 34-35" bust and 26-27" waist (no smaller than 25" waist), should be small one.

7. zilchist

Thank you everybody. You are so helpful. I am so lucky being this forum. I have already find this dress in ETSY, and I misconstrued the seller's saying about the dress unavailable. I will show my picture after receiving. THANK YOU again:clapping:

8. Delaney52

Delaney52 Registered Guest

It's beautiful, I remember seeing it on Etsy and thinking it was the perfect summer dress!

9. zilchist

Hi, Delaney, I agree with you. I also think that dress is more fit for younger girls at the beginning of twenty or less than twenty-five, maybe the original owner of the dress is a adorable girl who wore the dress to participate in her 18 years old birthday party or coming-of-age ceremony:) The color is so youthful and lively. Though maybe I am not very young enough to well show the dress, I hope i can keep it to my daughter who will be perfect dressed on when she grow up:cheer:

10. Designerera

Designerera Registered Guest

This looks so old you can get it from the tailor.

11. vikram

vikram Registered Guest

such a pretty dress and iwould like to buy for my wife as a surprise...suggest good color friends.

12. vikram

vikram Registered Guest

this drees makes me remember of great vintage english wedding.

13. TangerineBoutique

TangerineBoutique VFG Member

It's a darling! I am so happy it was available for you to buy! I agree the dress has a youthful look but it is not overly girlish. If it fits well then I believe it would be perfectly appropriate on a woman past the age of 25. I think the secret would be to wear it with a sophisticated hairdo, maybe a sleek chignon, and classic accessories. Enjoy your lovely dress!
    Melody