1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Louis Reinstein Furs?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Crabster, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Crabster

Crabster Registered Guest

So, my boyfriend found this at a tag sale and brought it home for me, because he knows how much I love vintage fashion.

It is a beaded, sleveless top with a metal zipper all the way down the back. Heavy feel to it. White sequins with black beaded detail. Label RN search brought up "Louis Reinstein Furs, Miami Beach, FL". Further searching here and seemingly everywhere else brought up nothing. No fur anywhere on the garment.

Any info on the maker is much appreciated! Thanks!
    Kelly

<center>
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    </center>

2. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

I do not know about the designer however I just recently sold an 60s beaded metal zipper handknitted wool gown looked similar and had a similar label. It did not have an RN number and was not the same maker but was from the same country and looked like the labels, fabric, and beading could have been from the same time.

Caryn

3. Louis Reinstein

Louis Reinstein Registered Guest

"Louis Reinstein" was my grandfather (see picture below of him). He and my grandma ran the business in New York and then Miami Beach. When my grandfather passed away in 1965, my father took over the business for a few years and ran it with his mom until they eventually sold it. I hope you are enjoying the designs.
    86F7B8BF-F3A6-40A9-BC5A-990B30062455.JPG IMG_3299.jpg