Lounging Apparel?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion Q & A' started by Victoria, May 14, 2017.

  1. Victoria

    Victoria Registered Guest

    Hi all,

    I have a question regarding this garment. I was convinced this is an outerwear coat until I saw the label that says Lounging Apparel. Upon some online research, I found out that this company made robes, nightgowns and such but I can't possibly imagine that anyone would lounge on the couch in this. How was this worn? Was it truly a house coat? Also, I think this is late 50s or early 60s. Thoughts on the period?

    IMG_0290.JPG IMG_0291.JPG IMG_0292.JPG IMG_0296.JPG IMG_0299.JPG IMG_0300.JPG

  2. bycinbyhand

    bycinbyhand Trade Member

  3. Victoria

    Victoria Registered Guest

    Not sure what the fabric is exactly but it is something synthetic, almost like shag but shorter haired.
  4. Circa Vintage

    Circa Vintage Trade Member

    I enlarged one of your photos and it looks like an acrylic fleece. Probably a dressing gown rather than coat, although it does look like a coat. Coats of this era are usually wool or a wool mix.
  5. Robe.....late 50s early 60s, I think.

Share This Page