1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lounging Apparel?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Vintagiality, May 14, 2017.

1. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Hi all,

I have a question regarding this garment. I was convinced this is an outerwear coat until I saw the label that says Lounging Apparel. Upon some online research, I found out that this company made robes, nightgowns and such but I can't possibly imagine that anyone would lounge on the couch in this. How was this worn? Was it truly a house coat? Also, I think this is late 50s or early 60s. Thoughts on the period?

IMG_0290.JPG IMG_0291.JPG IMG_0292.JPG IMG_0296.JPG IMG_0299.JPG IMG_0300.JPG

Thanks
    Victoria

2. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

What kind of fabric is that? I think it was like a robe, along the lines of a hostess robe. I'm thinking more early-mid 1950s.

3. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Not sure what the fabric is exactly but it is something synthetic, almost like shag but shorter haired.

4. I enlarged one of your photos and it looks like an acrylic fleece. Probably a dressing gown rather than coat, although it does look like a coat. Coats of this era are usually wool or a wool mix.

5. Robe.....late 50s early 60s, I think.