1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love those Nouveau inspired prints!!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by TangerineBoutique, Jul 23, 2010.

1. TangerineBoutique

TangerineBoutique VFG Member

I just adore anything that smacks of Art Nouveau. The 70s did a lot of nouveau inspired stuff (think Biba). I had to share this magical print. The shirt is typical 70s in a feather weight voile.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Melody

2. ClubVintage

ClubVintage VFG Member

Love that blouse, especially the colors! It reminds me of a blouse I have listed right now in my Etsy store. I called mine Greek goddesses but the colors on mine are most of my least favorites whereas I really love your blouse colorway.

[​IMG]

Cat

3. TangerineBoutique

Nice print Cat! your blouse reminded me of a nouveau inspired maxi dress I have on Etsy. The figures are gorgeous don't you think?

[​IMG]

Melody

4. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Hi,

I don't have anything to show, but I had to say I am LOVING this thread and show of 70's Art Nouveau. I was in high school in the very early 70's and remember these prints being way cool for the hip kids (like me)!

Barbara

5. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

6. mercyonthesubway

mercyonthesubway Registered Guest

Love all of these! I have a goldworm print that fits the same theme. I must remember to take pictures. Love the fine shirts though. Anyone got any more?

7. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Lovely prints. I was sure I'd seen that couple on Melody's shirt somewhere before, and so I had...

...check this out from the Aquarian Tarot deck, which was also made in the 1970s. The card is 'The Lovers'.

8. ClubVintage

ClubVintage VFG Member

Love the print on your maxi dress Melody! They remind me of the statues at the Hoover dam.
    Great eye to catch that print on the tarot cards Golden Age.

I do think they are lovely although I may be biased as I was a child of the 70's too and remember them fondly Barbara.

Cat

9. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

10. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

I had Art Nouveau poster reprints, myself. Now long gone, of course.

In certain colorways, these look like Peter Max meets Art Nouveau, don't they?
    Hollis

11. TangerineBoutique

OMgoodness Golden Age thats the same image! Here's another cool 70s shirt print. It's not Nouveau but Deco inspired flapper girls. By Mr. Dino (figures!) I always love his prints

[​IMG]

Melody

12. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Yes it sure is! The artist is called David Palladini, and the deck came out in 1970, the whole deck is art nouveau influenced. I used to use it for Tarot readings which is how I recognised it. I don't expect this print was licensed! It's kind of funny how on the shirt the guy has shaved off the 'tache! It's clearly taken from that artwork though, and it's a lovely image.

That Mr Dino shirt is really gorgeous too.

Ruth

13. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

I remember these prints very fondly too...I'm glad I'm not alone!

Fairly recently I sold a men's shirt with what looked to me like Alphonse Mucha-style Nouveau advertising illustrations:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]