1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M-O-G Going to Jamaica: Beach Dress wanted

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Another Time Antiques, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Well I blew it totally! It's november and there is not a splash summery thing around .... and we go to Jamaica in Dec 8 for a resort/beach wedding! I'm the M-of-G = mother of the groom.

OK... you vintage wonders.... got anything that might be slightly boho in a large size... love flowey clothing. Currently wearing clothes from 16-18 size.

no glitzy traditionals will do..... just casual/dressy. Simple with a splash!

I'll check back in - Thanks oodles!

2. Would something tye died do?

3. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I can't think in sizes anymore lol

What is the bust measurement you need?

Chris

4. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

Where are you going in Jamaica? We go to Negril every year for Christmas and we're currently counting the days!

Last year when we were there, a couple got married on New Year's Eve. They had instructed all the guests to wear a red tropical print for the wedding. It was fun to see all the men in Hawaiian shirts and the women in tropical dresses, but all different red prints. The bride wore white, of course!

Ya know, Barbara, I'm the same as you. I never think to buy clothes for my tropical holiday when I can get them cheap in the summer and now there are NO summer clothes in the stores here in Boston. Cruisewear won't arrive until January - too late for me. But I alway have luck finding great summer stuff at my thrifts during October and November because everyone is cleaning out their closets and changing over to fall wardrobes. I'd give your thrifts a try!

And enjoy your trip to Jamaica!

Jody

5. Wow Jody..... great minds think alike! I did hit the local Goodwill (boy I wish I could get those crowds into MY store!!!) and saw a flow-y dress......... in a red print!!!.....that I grabbed for 8.99. It could work for "the day" but was thinking something just a little more "umph".

Depending cuts - I can wear a 16 or and 18. Bust 42 best.

We're at the Ochos Rios Sandals resort - I get to live like a rich queen for 4 days of my life ...
    ... AND I'M GONNA! :booze: :USING: :USETHUMBUP:

Do you think I'm excited??????? You bet!:love008:

Been shoppin' over at VCMall - everybody is too small for me. But boy what an idea - if any body opened an exclusive "Mature Woman Vintage" shop - you might make a killin'.

I'll keep looking.....

6. Patentleathershoes

Find anything yet, Barbara?

7. b*a*vintagequeen

b*a*vintagequeen Registered Guest

Oh you will love OCHO RIOS! Be sure to climb Dunn's River Falls!

Damn I just had two long dresses that would have been perfect! One was a 16 and one an 18 and I just sold them in the last "lot" of NOS I sold.

Let me check to see what else I have!

8. Patentleathershoes

I keep looking too :)

9. no....haven't found anything yet. Been hoppin' around vcmall a bit but .... me bod's a bit too big for most of them .....

(boy .....there is really a great selection in there!)

I do have a pair of creamy white flowy pants I could wear with a new ... top.

Appreciate the suggestions

every body's got colds now....better now than 3 weeks from now!!! Time is getting close!! whoo hoo!

10. nelaonclassic

nelaonclassic Registered Guest

Hi!!,
    I am new to this forum,liked it so thought to reply..
    I think you should wear some light colored funky look dresses..There so many Beach Wedding Attire..you can get from certain shops or sites..as you have not mentioned very clearly that what kind of dress you want to wear..All I can suggest you now is try to get some baby colored dress because they suits to the atmosphere..

Regards,
    Nelson

11. Jluthye

Jluthye Registered Guest

well i don't have n e thing personally but I love crusing eBay heres what I found... hope it helps

60s floral smock Here

70s indy boho Here

Floral rockabilly (50s/60s wiggle look?) very pretty blue floral, looks very figure flattering bust is a 44" but that should be about right by the way measurments are taken? well anywho its HERE

Red asian floral Mumu tent dress ?? )well its baggy but very neat lookoing?... Here

60s green tree print (rather neat looking actually but an acquired taste, you will get some comments) knee length mod dress HERE

70s boho maxi ocena sunset print (very nice perhaps perfect if its your style for a wedding! deffinate compliment getter while very modest casual but feminine! a must see!!)
    HERE
    oh there is a matching light jacket included so would be great if the night gets cool! I vote for this one or the blue floral wiggle dress! :)

ok done for now.. hope you find somethign or atleast enjoy looking at these!

Jennifer