1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mal-ber of Montreal

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Mad Catter, Nov 11, 2017.

1. Mad Catter

Mad Catter Registered Guest

I've found several different companies with variations of this name (fashions, inc. etc). It looks like it may be the same company but they open and close on a regular basis. The trademark offices have mentions back to 1982 but this style looks earlier. I may be on a wild goose chase?

Perhaps someone can ID the date by the Eaton's label? The material is odd and looks like it's going to feel like neoprene if you touch the inside but it doesn't at all. Canadian Union label as well in the interior side seam of the coat/vest lining but it didn't come out in the pics.
    Pants and dress have no labels or lining.
    Sorry for the pfft! pics, I'm trying to make an area to take pictures but I sell art so I don't have a single blank wall space and zero bright lights. Working on it.
    Thanks for any help offered!!

Attached Files:

themerchantsofvintage likes this.
  2. Mad Catter

The union label is like the one in your resources section, Canada 1968-1984

3. Looks like late 60s to me. Great set. Love the coat!

4. Mad Catter

I thought it was a regular coat when I bought it. Didn't realize it was a vest or sleeveless coat. I'll have to look up ways to wear it without the dress.