1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mannequin/Dress Form

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Tamzzyn, Oct 29, 2017.

1. Tamzzyn

Tamzzyn Registered Guest

Hi all :)

I'm trying to find a nice dress form (preferably a professional one with collapsable shoulders and arms) in a size zero so that I can showcase my very small vintage treasures. I have a dress form but with a 33 1/2 chest and 24 1/4 waist, there are many dresses that do not fit. Plus, many of the older dresses with side zippers wont fit over my dress form's shoulders! I'm having a very hard time finding a nice one for such a small size. What do you do when it comes to displaying small dresses?

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Some people use hanging half forms (eg they are formed at the front but hollow at the back) - I'm planning to get one myself. They are also fairly cheap.

3. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Yes, the half hanging torso usually work for small sizes and they are inexpensive. Sometimes the dresses are even snug on them - half a slim woman!

4. I have several mannequins but encounter the same problem, so hire a very slim model to do the job for me! Not always practical but she's good.

5. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

I think I recall Jonathan had found (or had had made) some very small dress forms.
    Marian