1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mansfield: Frank Russell, Mark Russell ?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Zorica Zrnic, Jul 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Zorica Zrnic

Zorica Zrnic Registered Guest

Frank Russell was a UK designer who became known as "King of Coats", and the UK label Mansfield was his or he designed for them.

I have a few pieces of his. And a number of Mansfield items. They were in the 80s the mid range but now would likely be considered high end. A coat from Mansfield (Cache D'or) would have cost you around £300-£400 in the early 80s. The bottom picture is for me their finest moment it is a cashmere and wool fit and flare riding coat with high quality faux fur (this quality of faux fur was known at the time as super-beaver) cuffs and collar. I love their stuff, and even better when you can get it is the pre Mansfield 1960s and 70s Frank Russell stuff. But, in very similar vein is a 60s 70s label called Mark Russell. Is there a connection?

The model, Lauren Joy, models a Mark Russell jacket I have I would would think early 60s.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Metro Retro Vintage and Chiquita like this.