1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

May this dress be 50s?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Lulu Poppins, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Lulu Poppins

Lulu Poppins Registered Guest

P1210214.jpg P1210219.jpg P1210220.jpg Hi,
    I have this dress, which I see as a prairie style, which I usually find from the 70s. It has two metal zippers (in the back and in one side) though, the fabric is quite thick, different from my other finds. The skirt is quite full and to the knee... The brand (Pragodey) is also from the 50s, but also until later. So It has some chances to be from that time. But the flare on the yoke looks uncommon for that moment, right?

I'm posting a few pictures. It doesn't has any lining.

Any feedback will be welcome.
    Thanks so much.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
  2. vivavintageclothing

vivavintageclothing VFG Member

The fabric looks like 70s polyester, to me, and the skirt length, neckline, and sleeve cuff treatment also seem really 1970s, IMO.

Lulu Poppins likes this.
  3. The over locking stitching on the yoke is typical of the 70s.
    And it looks like heavy polyester to me also

Lulu Poppins likes this.
  4. Lulu Poppins

5. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

It's so pretty and I am VERY jealous of your photo set up with that natural lighting!

Lulu Poppins likes this.
  6. Lulu Poppins

Thank you sosososososooo much, @northstarvintage , that means a lot, pictures drive me crazy, I've been working a lot on that. It's edited with lightroom. It needed more light, but It finally looked nice ☺️.