1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Member's Auction

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by amandainvermont, Oct 25, 2020.

1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Oct. 27 is the date for VFG member Kerry Taylor’s Antique and Vintage Fashion Textiles Auction. Fashion from every decade and period will be offered, including this 20s pink crepe-chiffon flapper dress. HERE is the site.
    kerry.jpg

2. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

I couldn't tell from her site if shipping to the US is an option. Do you know?

3. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Yes, I believe she does.

"On receipt of cleared funds, lots can be collected from our saleroom during office hours- Monday-Friday 9:30am-5pm. We provide competitive world-wide shipping quotes via our appointed shipper, who is experienced in handling the items we sell. If you have requested shipping, you will be provided with tracking information once the goods have been released. If you wish to use your own designated shipper, then just a packing service is available via our appointed shipper at a charge."

From Collection and Shipping under How to Buy: https://www.kerrytaylorauctions.com/how-to-buy/

lkranieri, Vintagiality and MagsRags like this.
  4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

5. Vintagiality

They do look beautiful but I have to be honest, I am not sure I am willing to provide a copy of my drivers license just to buy a dress :)

lkranieri and Retro Ruth like this.
  6. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

It's probably because of money laundering regulations. I work in bookkeeping, and you'd be amazed how much money laundering issues come up. Here we are more concerned with actual laundering, but I would guess antiques are one way for nefarious people to remove stains from dirty cash.

lkranieri likes this.
  7. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Agree - I actually registered because there is one lot that does interest me - I mailed in a copy of my passport yesterday and got confirmation today. Anything were large amounts of money change hands is suspect when it comes to money-laundering unfortunately. Same over here...

Retro Ruth likes this.
  8. Vintagiality

I work at a bank so I am very familiar with anti money laundering. I don’t believe that’s the reason as ample commercial transaction on Etsy, eBay and elsewhere take place without such document requirements.
    Either way, I so love those bathing suits. I wish I could bid.

Retro Ruth likes this.