1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Men's jacket help needed - 40s, 50s, 60s??

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by www.VintageGrace.com, Oct 29, 2004.

1. Men\'s jacket help needed - 40s, 50s, 60s??

Hi -

I have had this jacket hanging in the closet for about a year. I sorta forgot about it. But now that I 're-discovered' it, I need help dating it.

I think it is a polyester gabardine but that's just a guess. The label is Jules de Bergerac, Made in Canada. The only thing I could find on this label is that Elvis owned a jacket made by them... not much help though!
    The pockets are on the outside of the jacket. It has a thick 40s style belt on the back and a high split. The lining only extends half way down the back on the inside.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Here is my label
    [​IMG]
    Here is the label from Elvis' jacket & his jacket
    [​IMG][​IMG]

So, what do you think???

TIA ~ Maureen

2. bigchief

bigchief Alumni VFG Past President

Maureen -

I say 70's.

:)

Carolyn

3. Me, too--based upon the polyester knit, the bicentennial sort of colorway, the wide collar, and the back belt combined with the others.

Steph

4. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Wide lapel, poly, westernesque shoulder yokes, big pattern, back belt: 1970s? Oh yeah. The half lining usually means it was a summer jacket or a less expensive model.

Hollis

5. This might appeal to the Rock bands. I think you see them wearing a lot of these 70s type styles now.

6. dibs2002

dibs2002 Registered Guest

My eyes! My eyes!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:cool:

Deb

7. Thanks kids! 70s it is!

I agree with Debs - you oughta see this in person. I was afraid my camera lense would crack!!

:D Maureen

8. It has a Banacek look to it, the over-sexed professional playboy look. I used to have the biggest crush on him, George Peppard.

9. LOL! That is great! I just may use that in my listing description!!