1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Michigan Vintage Clothing Jewelry & Textile Show

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by worth-a-peek, Mar 21, 2004.

1. worth-a-peek

worth-a-peek Alumni

Michigan
    Vintage Clothing Jewelry & Textile Show
    Sat. March 27, 2004 10 am- 5pm
    Free Admission
    "Cobblestone Events Center"
    205 Mason St
    Mason, MI (Lansing MI)
    adjacent to Mason Antiques District

Featuring 100 years of Fabric and Fashion
    Jewelry, Blankets, Needlepoint, Quilts, Notions,
    Accessories, Patterns, Hats, Sewing, Purses

Oh yes and I'll be there!
    Karen

[​IMG]

2. Wish I could join you! There's not much like the Great-Lakes-area auctions in these silly parts.

Steph

3. schoolsgirl

schoolsgirl Registered Guest

free admission?

wow! you dont see those anymore

4. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

What fun! You'll give us a full report, right?

Lizzie

5. addvintage

addvintage Guest

Thank's I will try to be there, If the weather doesn't get crazy again this weekend!:P

Addvintage:o

6. Hello - addvintage!! You are a fresh new face here aren't you?! Guess you would be in the Michigan area if you are thinking of attending the show. Please let us all know how it goes!

7. worth-a-peek

worth-a-peek Alumni

Addvintage
    Be sure to stop by and introduce yourself if you make it.
    I'll have a worth-a-peek sign up somewhere;)
    Karen

8. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Hi Karen and Addvintage,

I was wondering if either of you made it to the show. Anything great to report?

Lizzie

9. worth-a-peek

worth-a-peek Alumni

It was a very smoothly run show for their 1st.
    The venue, The Cobblestone Events Center, is right smack dab in their antiques district which has 12 shops, 3 of which are considered antique malls. It is the oldest and largest antique complex in Michigan taking up a whole city block.
    The center has been newly renovated and is just perfect for a show of this size with bathroom facilites, fitting rooms set up and a lunch counter.
    I did not have time to go check out the shops. Will go back and stay with my DD soon to do that:)

I did not see Addvintage. She must not have been able to make it.

Great variety among the approx. 20-24 dealers set up from Victorian to 70's. Clothing, jewelry and textiles but no too heavy in any one category.

I was busy as was another dealer with the same genre of stock. I'm sure she easily outsold me. Most of our items were 50's-70's wearable as opposed to collectible. She also had men's fashions as mine were all geared toward women. I tried to keep my price points between 15-35 and that seemed to work at this show. There was one dealer near me who had glorious displays of late 1800's-1920's merchandise but more lookers than buyers. Hopefully the next show will bring more buyers her way. I think the show has a lot of potential.

They are doing another show in Oct.16th so I will be doing that one as well.
    Karen

http://www.antiquesdist.com/