1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mink Coat query

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by vallee, May 11, 2020.

1. vallee

vallee Registered Guest

This coat is we think ?? old, cannot find a label anywhere, but the lining is floral, and there is a flower where the tag goes.
    Wondered if anybody knew who the designer would have been thanks.

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Can you please provide some photos of the coat.

3. vallee

vallee Registered Guest

Hi and thanks for response, its not mine but an aunts who has left it and other stuff to me, shall try and get a photo.

4. vallee

vallee Registered Guest

5. vallee

vallee Registered Guest

best I could do thanks husband took them and forgot to take one of the coat, just the lining.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  6. poppysvintageclothing

Really cannot help much with this. Need to see the style of the actual coat on a hanger or a person or dress form.

7. vallee

vallee Registered Guest

hi thanks it was more the designer I wanted to know, thought maybe the lining would tell me

8. poppysvintageclothing

This sort of lining in fur coats is definitely not specific to any designer....most furs from the 50s and early 60s had this kind of lining.

Most furs did not even have a designer name attached to them, they were mainly manufactured by furriers some with a well known name and others simply from local furrier establishments.