1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mme Helene Beverly Hills

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Francyb, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Francyb

Francyb Registered Guest

Hi guys

I’m new to this forum and wondered if you could help me with something, I found this dress and jacket to match by Mme Helene of Beverly Hills- does anyone recognize this label or know of the origin of this brand?

Thanks so much!
    F

Attached Files:

GemGem likes this.
  2. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

The only references I found so far to Mme. Helene in Beverly Hills was a very famous and popular tea room owned by Mme. Helene. I wonder if her tea room also sold things such as your outfit, just as you often see labels on fashions from small shops in large hotels.

GemGem likes this.
  3. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

From an announcement that Mme. Helene will oversee the opening of a tea room in a New York store:
    C64F35F3-52E1-4C7D-BACB-3227AC749E47.jpeg

If you plan to sell the outfit, please do not include this image when you market it. This is for educational purposes only. Thank you.

GemGem and themerchantsofvintage like this.
  4. Francyb

Francyb Registered Guest

That’s so cool thank you for taking the time to reply.

5. MaryLC

MaryLC Registered Guest

There's a link between Mme Helene and J.J. Haggarty. Maybe dresses that were shown at her fashion promenade were labeled as such ?

img.jpg

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  6. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

FYI--notice that the announcement for Mme Helene' tea room added a period to Mme. Never understood why men get M. and ladies don't.

7. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

I love that the article Lynne Ikranieri posted described the opening program for the tea room as "pretentious"! :hysterical:

Do you suppose the author meant "prestigious"?

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  8. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

That's funny!