1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Selkie Vintage

Selkie Vintage Registered Guest

I’ve been luckily enough to inherit a fair few exotic furs, the majority big cat, however I also got this monkey/gorilla? I’m quite positive it’s monkey, it did actually have the original receipt in the pocket, I don’t believe it was worn. Of course I took the receipt out and put it somewhere safe and can’t find it now. But I am looking to sell it, I’m just not as big of a fan as the big cat coats. Any idea as to price?

Attached Files:

2. Hello and welcome, as per our policy we do not do valuations. Searching the internet and sold prices on eBay for similar items may help you determine value.

I believe monkey fur is illegal to sell most anywhere. Someone with more knowledge on this may chime in.

peaceful vintage likes this.
  3. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

^^
    You may see tons of them listed for sale elsewhere however commercial trading is legally prohibited unless you have received permitting allowing you to do so.

4. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

Also, I see that some have advised you to sell privately. I would be very careful of that.

5. I have a similar coat and a lovely red suit jacket trimmed with Monkey fur from the 1940s.....they can't be sold so are for now just a part of my personal collection.