1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More fur ID questions...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by TreeNguyen, Dec 23, 2017.

1. TreeNguyen

TreeNguyen Registered Guest

Hello again! Thank you for the warm and helpful welcome to this forum. I have a few other fur items in my collection that were sold to me as mink, and I'd like to know if they actually ARE mink or if they are muskrat. I love all these pieces, and I am trying to learn how to tell the difference between mink and muskrat. I suspect many sellers don't know.

Here is a 60's outfit sold to me as having mink trim, hat, and purse. The purse has a sterling silver clasp. The dress had several seam openings in the fabric that I quickly fixed.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This next one is a small collar I bought at a garage sale for very cheap:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This one is a 1950's caplet that was sold to me as blonde mink. It was not cheap, but I thought worth the price. I bought from a reputable vintage seller, and I love it even if it's not mink, but it feels really soft to me.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thank you all for your help!

2. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

You look beautiful in that picture!

The purse is mink.
    The hat is muskrat.
    The tails are mink.
    The collar is mink.
    and the cape is mink.

:)

3. TreeNguyen

TreeNguyen Registered Guest

Caryn, you are a magical unicorn. I thought the hat was different but wasn’t sure. Thank you!

4. peaceful vintage

peaceful vintage Administrator VFG Past President

Wow! A magical unicorn? That's great! I can see myself flying over colorful rainbows right now. :)

TreeNguyen likes this.
  5. bycin

bycin Guest

Caryn is one of my favorite unicorns!

TreeNguyen likes this.