1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

More info needed on an Amanda Christensen waistcoat.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by cagey1two3, Jun 13, 2018.

1. cagey1two3

cagey1two3 Registered Guest

Hi guys, I've just managed to aquire an Amanda Christensen herringbone 4 pocket, 6 button, lapelled waistcoat. Pictures attached.
    [​IMG]

This is the company logo
    [​IMG]
    I've googled it and although the company is well known for thier neck ties and pocket squares, I can not find any info on any waistcoats.
    Can anyone point me in the direction of more info, age, price etc.

Any help would beost appreciated.

2. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

We do not give valuations, as per the rules.
    You can look up the trademark to see when they registered it for use on clothing.

3. cagey1two3

cagey1two3 Registered Guest

My sincere apologies for breaking the rules. Although I would appreciate any guidance on how I could find further info on this particular item. More so the age and if there are any similar designs as I am unable to find any relevant or matching results via a Google search. I am aware that the label is known for its neckties but not a single search appears for any other items of clothing.

Cheers

4. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

A trademark search can be done via the WIPO website (World Intellectual Property Office) or ideally the country of the brand's origin of sale e.g. USA or UK. The US government trademark search system is called TESS.

5. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

While I am not very familiar with that company, I might guess this is from the 1980s when 3 piece suits made a comeback. I wish they would again.

It is a very nice one, really handsome.

6. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

The large square label style looks newer than 80s to me....but that's just me. Lots of 3 pieces in the early aughts, too. Just ask Justin Timberlake :)
    I would contact the company and ask them directly. They do have a FB page -- its not in English - but you never know. They could tell you what collection it was from.

7. I concur that the labels will hold the key, and agree that it looks more recent than '80s.

If you can show photos of all of the labels (check side seams, inside pocket etc) it would be very helpful. Styles get revived so more clues to dating are needed.