1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Most Wanted to Finish My (your) Halloween Costume!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Patentleathershoes, Oct 10, 2004.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Halloween is coming up quick. I am sure there are some people who go to costume balls/costume parties or maybe your children or siblings do.

If there is anything you need to complete your costume...an accessory that would pull the look all together...or perhaps you want to be something that you just haven't found a costume for (or the size is hard to find)...

Post to this thread!

Don't worry if you are not a "regular" here!! anyone can jump in!

I know there are alot of people running costume auctions, but there is a lot of stuff we probably have lying around our office or webstore that we just didn't normally think about putting out for halloween, but might just have!

So if you have something that might fit the asker's bill, post a link (if its something currently at auction or in your store) or post a pic of it here...

I would just ask that the original requester would let the list know when they have found their thing....either here or somewhere else...so people stop looking : )

I wanted to make sure i posted this before it was too late to ship things to folks

so don't be shy!

Chris

2. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

bumping this up so it doesn't fall from today's posts.

Sue

3. Good idea. I have tons of Halloween things. I collect them all year.

4. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

I'm going to be a sailor for Halloween and I would like a hat! Either a regular sailor cap, a yacht captain style, or even some sort of navy beret.

5. Patentleathershoes

Alright! First request.....does anyone have one????

6. Well, I know I have a WWII army one, but let me check on the navy sailor one. I will be at my building tomorrow.

7. Patentleathershoes

8. Justine, sorry. I checked. No sailor hat, but I have a cute sailor jumpsuit!

9. miss1934

miss1934 Registered Guest

looking for a small size costumes, need even an idea, gotta dance in ityeah i know short notice

10. Patentleathershoes

Welcome to our board! I have a thread started on last minute halloween ideas...too.

What have you got to work with? What's in your closet and maybe we can give you suggestions on things to pick up to make it work as a costume. Do you collect a particular era of vintage where we can start from? You can still buy a halloween costume online but it might have to be overnighted (unless the seller lives in your state or the next over and shipping time will be cut down)....

11. miss1934

i am going to a costume dance, so i gotta move which cuts down some of my vintage possiblities, i have two bathing suits, i edwardian dress altered in the thirties and array of evening gowns, three thirties crochet dresses, bout four tea dresses and a load of forties day and coctail dresses, plus some fifties stuff, i just about all textile but nothing really over the top except a rivited pink crepe forties dress which is my fall back,

12. Patentleathershoes

There is always generic "50s girl" "40s lady" etc..as a fall back...

Depending on the date on the bathing suits...you could be Malibu Barbie Doll , Annete Funicello or Gidget. You could go over the top with a 'do or a wig...big and blonde for Barbie..flipped for Annette, etc... your beach blanket could double as a pareo wrap...

Either an evening gown with a homemade sash and tiara (or flowers) flowers or a bathing suit and tights could make you Miss America of whatever year you pick.. i think they sell inexpensive fake tiaras at party stores, etc.. (or depending on the cut and era of the dress you could be young Queen Elizabeth, cinderella, etc..your own made up ruler of your own country..)

You could look at your evening dresses and if there is anything of a specific look, you could pick a movie star from the silver screen to go as.... a boa or a stole or over the top rhinestones and jewels could help sell the look. I think at Suncoast video has those fake oscar statues as an accessory. Or just be a generic period glam Hollywood starlet of your own creation.

I am trying to think of things that don't require a lot of non clothing props as you want to dance..

I am sure some other folks will come along and offer more suggestions...

13. miss1934

awesome thanks sooo much!

14. Patentleathershoes

I am sure there will be other suggestions too, so keep checking in :)
    (and let us know how it turns out!)

You are most welcome!

I like your "mood" by the way re: pretty shoes

15. Great suggestions Chris!!

Make sure all you Halloweener's take pics and post them the day after!!

16. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Hi Miss1934...and welcome!

It sounds like you actually have quite abit to work with in your own closet.

You could always use one of the gowns and jazz it up with a 'crown' and
    wide ribbon sash across your chest that says "miss America". Or if one of the vintage dresses is rather flowy, add a wreath of twigs and foliage to your hair and maybe some 'foliage' to the dress (pinned) and go as
    Mother Nature.

And not glamourous, but you could go as an old lady wearing one of the 30s dresses. Powder your hair, don a granny hat, roll down a pair of
    stockings, wear ugly sister shoes and carry a large 'grandma' handbag.
    (hee, and then kick up your heels)

Black cocktail dress you can vamp up and make bat wings
    out of bristol board and go as 'bat girl'

Sue

17. schoolsgirl

schoolsgirl Registered Guest

Sue, one of my friends wore a crown, gown with a sash, carried a huge hankie, drew tears on her face, her sash was glitter words spelling out DRAMA QUEEN

18. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

LOL Liz...DRAMA QUEEN! Love it!

Sue

19. Patentleathershoes

I like the mother nature idea, too! never thought of that one either

20. miss1934

that i might try out the drama queen one because i am going with my theater troupe! but thanks for all these amazing ideas!!!