1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mr Jay / drama in footwear / made in italy

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Nichole, Jul 11, 2017.

1. Nichole

Nichole Registered Guest

image.jpg hello,
    I just purchased a pair of gray suede side zip up / front lace up boots. I can't find any information about them. Does anyone have any information or know where I can obtain some?
    Thank you,
    Nichole

poppysvintageclothing likes this.
  2. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Please show us the label(s). There was a Mr. Jay in my northern NJ town and I *think* I have a handbag from there. I don't remember if they sold shoes, but will find out.

3. Nichole

Nichole Registered Guest

That's so funny because I bought them at an estate sale in New Jersey! Thank you for your time! image.jpeg

Do you have any more information about the era of the boots? Was the shop high end?

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Can you please also show a side photo that shows the shape of the heel, and a photo of the soles - that would help with dating. Thanks!

Nichole likes this.
  5. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Yes, that appears to be the same shoe-store logo (see photo here). Re whether it was high end, I honestly never went in there, but I am sure it was closer to high end than the other end. I think it was around in at least the 1960s and through the 1990s.
    IMG_7313.jpg

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  6. Nichole

Nichole Registered Guest

7. Nichole

Nichole Registered Guest

Thank you!

8. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Your boots are c. 1970/71 - Its great they aren't PVC or wet-look vinyl, which degrades.

Nichole likes this.