1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Grandmother's Shoes

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by pastperfect2, Aug 12, 2008.

1. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

2. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

What a fun and fabulous role model your stylish grandmother was, Hollis!

The shoes, and the dress she wore it with: both to die for...

Thanks for sharing!

3. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

What a great article Hollis. Your grandmother really was
    very stylish.

I'm really enjoying your blog!

Sue

4. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

thank you!

She was actually rather quiet and a bit insecure. But she and my mother's step-father were travelers and party people in their time. My mother told me they rarely got off the boat when they cruised!

Hollis

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Great blog, Hollis! It's nice to hear these wonderful stories, it seems to be that people used to live much fuller lives back then. Social events were prominent in one's life, I wish it were still like that!

6. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

oh yes -

Life was more formal then, it seems, with many more defined Occasions. It took more effort, and someone had to do the work of all that organizing.

I don't know how they did it.

Well, yes I do. By the time I was around my grandmother didn't work outside the home. Although she cooked, she had a maid for the housework and laundry so she had time on her hands. Although she never drove, my step grandfather would take her in town to shop. Doing the social thing was her job.

Oddly enough, I don't know how much she actually enjoyed it. I think she liked the cruises, though.

Hollis