1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Hat Montage - or how I have spent the day

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by pastperfect2, Sep 20, 2004.

1. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

I decided to finish photographing my hat collection, which pretty well wasted the afternoon and evening. But now every hat has a photo and a page in the book. It's a slighly odd grouping - based on personal appeal rather than as a whole. Many were purchased to go with a specific dress, should I ever get really ambitious and display things here in the studio.

But I had to waste some time making a montage didn't I?

And so here it is - enjoy!

Hollis

[​IMG]

2. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

Thats one beautiful collection sure puts mine to shame.

I don't know which I enjoyed looking at more the hats or the ladies! They are just gorgeous!

3. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

sorta motivates me to photo my handbag collection.

at the moment, i like the red one second from the end in the bottom row and the 1920s one second from the end in the second to last row best...at this moment...but they are all so fab!

4. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Well thank you - the red and cream wide brimmed 50s hats on the bottom row are identical. My sister gave me the red one years and years ago, then we found the matching cream one last year - I had to have it!

I do wish I had a ladies head that was more appropriate for the Edwardian and Victorian hats. Something with hair!

Hollis

5. dibs2002

dibs2002 Registered Guest

Wow, very nice!

Deb

6. Hollis, that collection if just breathtaking.

7. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

I'd love to see Jonathan's hat collection - I think every hat on our Hats page is his.

Hollis

8. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Mine aren't entirely photographed -- yet. But I will post some of the better ones on another thread.

In the meantime I would like to order 1, 2, 10, 11, 12, 16, and 18...

Just send me the bill C.O.D. with the hats.

Thank-you

9. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

I feel the same way about your hats - I'll be placing an order soon....

Hollis