1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My latest vintage buys! Side saddle stuff!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by crinolinegirl, Aug 16, 2009.

1. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

Just had to share my latest vintage purchases (aside from buying stock, that is!)..

Got myself a new side saddle habit (it's not as old as my last one which was made during the late 1920's) but it's vintage c. 1970's as I outgrew my old one (boo hoo!!). I'll be showing Hattie dressage in my side saddle in the fall with this habit..
    [​IMG]

Plus also got a vintage tweed lightweight apron for hacking and schooling!
    [​IMG]

See? Who says you can't use vintage in everyday life! :D

Lei

2. Lei! You are the business! Looking super-cool in your riding attire. :headbang:

3. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

You look great as always Lei, I wish you lived near me as there a riding school up the road from me, I love to see there faces if they could see you wearing the right outfits as you ride passes them lol.

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

5. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

Aw, thanks guys!:wub:

And the best part of it is, the habit makers and saddle makers back then, made things to LAST. I go through so many pairs of breeches as I wear out the bums on them but alot of the side saddle stuff out there is nearly 100 years old, if not already! My side saddle is just about 100 years old but I can't see my normal saddle lasting that long.

Lei

6. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

7. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

It will! My saddler rang me today to say that he finished the repairs on it (my side saddle) and the leather he used will outlast me. LOL!

8. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

Lei i thought of you yesterday when at a farm sale here they had a beautiful western style hand-tooled leather saddle ~ they wanted $800 which seemed high to me, but gosh was it ever gorgeous!

9. crinolinegirl

crinolinegirl Alumni

I bet it was lovely though!