1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My new DIY Vintage Train Case

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by glamoursurf, May 30, 2007.

1. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

Just thought I'd share my latest project with ya'll. I've had fun working on this and now am actively looking for a companion case to go with it that I can 'recover' as I've got lot's of labels left! I also want to find just that special bauble to put onto the front clasp.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

You are so creative. How do you ever find time? That is fantastic!

3. I love it!! :wub: I have a bad habit of buying vintage train cases and suitcases with projects like this in mind. Someday, I will get around to it!!

Thanks for the inspiration! Maybe I will try a few this summer.

4. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

inspired!!!

5. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Love it! What kind of glue did you use?

6. glamoursurf

glamoursurf Alumni

Thanks ladies!

Linda, my artwork & studio are like therapy for me. If I didn't get out and be creative I'd be a big mush of brain matter.

Lizzie, I used E6000 for the first time. It's got a bit of a smell but I really liked the consitancy and the hold that it provides. Fairly inexpensive too!

7. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

that is so cool!

8. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

love it - that is soooooooo cool.

9. worth-a-peek

worth-a-peek Alumni

Very cute!!

I've done several of all sizes with vintage travel stickers and sold them at the antique mall.
    (I make color copies of the stickers at a print shop so not to ruin my originals.)

10. tomgirl571

tomgirl571 Registered Guest

That's beautiful!! And time consuming, I'm sure. Bravo, that looks like some pretty long and hard work!