1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My wedding gown

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Jane Reutter, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Jane Reutter

Jane Reutter Registered Guest

Hello, new to this guild..I'm reaching out how to perhaps sell my gown most effectively. The gown is from House of Bianchi. Please inform me if you would. Thank you in advance.

Attached Files:

2. jazzbug

jazzbug Alumni

How beautiful!! What a very special gown it is.

What kind of help are you seeking? Please ask questions, Jane.

3. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

What a beautiful bride you were, and I am impressed that the gown still fits! How many years have you been married?

Unfortunately, vintage wedding gowns tend to be difficult to sell for much, unless they are iconic for their era and in pristine condition. To give you an idea, this link will take you to Etsy where a search for Bianchi wedding gown pulled up 49 listings, ranging in asking price from $30 to $700. And of course, we don't know how long and given dress has been on the market there, and how frequently one actually sells.
    https://www.etsy.com/search?q=bianchi wedding gown&ref=auto2&as_prefix=bianchi

Sadly, many wedding dresses end up donated to thrift shops - this time of year, there are usually an array of them on the Halloween costume rack, some of them already damaged but others just beautiful!! I cringe to wonder how many will end up being turned into Corpse Bride or zombie bride costumes.

4. jazzbug

jazzbug Alumni

Jane, it is too beautiful to send to a thrift shop. Depending on where you are located (where are you located?), a reputable vintage retail/consignment store may be a good option. What year is the gown from?