1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

myspace links!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Hattysattic, Sep 4, 2006.

1. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

I have been trawling through myspace looking for people individually to 'add to friends' but got bored after about 2 minutes. :D

And realised that it would be far quicker to post here and ask if anyone that I haven't already found would like to be added to my myspace friends?

If so do post a link to your page here and I shall do so - or vice versa. My link is at the bottom there... :)

2. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

you have already added me-thank you

I know what you mean....

this is for anyone else who would like to add me to the friend section on my space and I can certainly add any of you guys if you would like!

http://www.myspace.com/repeatvintage

3. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

4. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

oh your guys spaces look really cool. I have requested to add you as friends.

I am still learning this my space stuff too. I have tried the vintage search but Paul you are right, there is way too much to search through. And after about 15 minutes I am so lost to what I searched for in the first place.

5. Hattysattic

Have invited all, thanks!

6. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

7. Very cool, everyone - Lizzie, we're not only the same age, but the same sign.

I'm afraid I'm a novice at most everything. Up to now, the VFG is my first and only chat, discussion group that I have joined.

Your spaces all look great!! :clapping:

8. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

My last name is Hicks.....

now you guys should be able to add me......sorry about that.....

9. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

gosh you are quite prolific arent you...put me to shame!!
    l also have a house of vintage blog.....

10. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

Sara I can add you to my link page on my website if you would like...

11. BagDiva

BagDiva Guest

every little helps..yes pelase...l'll check l think l reciprocated, l hope...

the HOV blog is up and running, slowly...my fault...but the web site still has four weeks to go...and counting...

12. Hattysattic

It looks good so far Sara!

13. Hattysattic

So just a quick question for those in the know when it comes to myspace...

What's the ettiquette when it comes to adding people? I know that sounds a bit daft but should you send a message too with a request if it's someone you don't know? Should you always say thank you?

I know I tend to overcomplicate things but I don't want people to think I'm rude!

14. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

I'll play, too. My myspace link is below. I will be adding those I don't have. Got to go do some VFG work today so it will have to wait until later today or tomorrow.

15. bug12oz

bug12oz Registered Guest

I am not sure myself.

I see that some people have little boxes to place in the comments section that says 'thanks for the add" and then a pic of someone or something. But I don't see that comment section on everyone's my space layout.

I have only had 2 people thank me for an add on my comment section and one thanked me in an email. But the others haven't said any kind of thank you for an add. Which at this point, I don't mind them not saying thank you for the add since I don't have alot of friends added yet and I am not really helping them network themself.

16. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Good question:
    I never know what to say or ask either " Can I be you friend" or " I have the same interest as you do" sounds odd if you do not know the person at all
    In my view these two remind me of been back at infant school in the playground. or is it just my lack of skill of English
    I tend to have the hit and miss approach and not send any message let them make up there own mind.
    I like to think if they see people they know of already there then they will accept also.

17. Sweet_Dreams_Vintage

Sweet_Dreams_Vintage Registered Guest

I still haven't figured out *how* to do the little ping of a thank you for the add with my avatar thingie yet, so I'm not a good one to ask about the ettiquite of MySpace... but I will say when I first set up the account, I had the same Emily Post Anxiety Attack. ;)

http://blog.myspace.com/sweet_dreams_vintage

18. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

OKay, I think I have everyone or have asked to be your friend.

19. Hattysattic

Any more for any more (as they say!)? :)