1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Rebecca Cox

Rebecca Cox Registered Guest

IMG-6685.JPG Hi

I have been given this cloak through a relative and am trying to identify it (looks like to label may have been removed). It is in perfect condition and on closer inspection every bead and crystal has been sewn on by hand. It is extremely heavy and has a circumference of approximately 8 meters. I have researched online and am struggling to find anything even similar to it. The owner lived between Monaco and London.

If anyone could help I would really appreciate it.

Many thanks

Rebecca

Attached Files:

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

Your cloak is a very pretty color, and the beading looks amazing; what a treasure! It's possible this was custom sewn.

My initial reaction is that it's from the 1960s when lavish beading was the rage, as were cape and caftans and flowing garments. And, the color, too, suggests 60s.

3. Rebecca Cox

Rebecca Cox Registered Guest

So it could have been custom made... I was wondering if it was in the style of any particular designer. Yes, definitely looks 1960's, thanks so much.

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I see 60s as well and most likely had a simple sheath styled gown under it with perhaps some of that same beading at the bodice or cuffs.