1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mystery dior

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by jill m, Mar 13, 2018.

1. jill m

jill m Registered Guest

69AC1AE3-9990-4A4F-9500-1D92178CB6E8.jpeg FCE661B4-8C28-46A1-899C-80860DB31AA3.jpeg 15BCD745-FC0A-4DE6-96D7-DB35F8949C39.jpeg 69AC1AE3-9990-4A4F-9500-1D92178CB6E8.jpeg DF74A070-082D-4D98-9BAC-1E738B77DBB0.jpeg I have a gorgeous demur silk rtw navy floral dress . The label says Christian Dior r London. I’ve heard from Dior Paris and they don’t believe there are labels that say anything other than Paris, but from what I’ve seen they do exist. This dress is so finely constructed I have a hard time believing it’s not Dior. Do these London labels exist?

Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
  2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Yes, there are Dior London and also Dior New York labels. We cannot verify if your label is authentic however, if you are asking specifically about your particular label shown.

3. jill m

jill m Registered Guest

Thank you rue
    Who can verify this if Dior Paris cannot?
    High fashion and Kind regards

4. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

That's bizarre that Dior doesn't acknowledge Dior London. It may be the label that they are questioning.

Dior- NY was ready-to-wear. There was a Dior couture workshop in London. The designs were less avant garde and more focused for the English.

The quality was not equal to Paris, but this was true of Balenciaga's Eisa so if you are familiar with the differences between Eisa and Balenciaga, you'll understand the differences.

If you can take some close-ups of the inside construction--seams, hems, facings--we can discuss the construction.

5. jill m

jill m Registered Guest

Absolutely this dress fits your description . The dress is conservative, prom , proper and made for high tea. I will take photos when I get home and I will screen shot my inquiry to Dior. Thank you!

6. jill m

jill m Registered Guest

Last night I had no problem uploading images from my phone now today I can’t and it says file too large. What gives

7. acceber

acceber VFG Member

When I get that "file is too large error," I just crop my photo down a bit and it uploads fine after.

8. jill m

jill m Registered Guest

I’ve tried thirty times, cropping, resizing , thumbnailing. If anyone thinks of anything else id appreciate it., another group on facebook etc where it’s easier to upload photos. Thanks again.

9. Robin of Frocksley

Robin of Frocksley Registered Guest

I have used an image editor (I use GIMP) to scale images down. If you have that or a similar program, try clicking on Image in the toolbar at top and selecting the option to Scale Image. If your first try is too large, try to scale it down smaller.

Good luck!