1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mystery Dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by NaoimiW, May 15, 2021.

1. NaoimiW

NaoimiW Registered Guest

Hello, I need help with this dress I picked up. On first look I thought it might be 70s, but I can't find any information about the brand. The only tag says 'Apropos Dry Clean', and the tag itself might date it to 80s or later? I'm no expert though! I tried googling the brand name, Trademark search, reverse image searching the tag and the dress, and nothing! I am stumped.

Attached Files:

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I think that is 70s, though I can see why you are questioning that, as the label does give a sense of being slightly more modern. But I would expect more care details on something later. Everything else looks good for 70s, and I don't think this particular style was particularly common in later 70s revival trends.
    Fab dress!

3. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

I see 70s too, and it's very on trend right now - cottage core is HOT!

GemGem likes this.
  4. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

GemGem likes this.
  5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

6. NaoimiW

NaoimiW Registered Guest

Thank you to all of you who responded! I am glad my initial assumptions were correct. It also makes some sort of sense that the brand was trademarked in Santa Ana, and that is where I happened to purchase this item!

GemGem likes this.