1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

***need a quick answer pls!***1940s red cross nurse uniform... how much?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Jluthye, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Jluthye

Jluthye Registered Guest

Sorry to ask a value, and it does not help that there is no picture,,, but I came across an estate sale with a 1940 red cross nurse uniform in superb condition....

long sleeve, cap, arm band all patches bright no fades....

i refused to buy it for $40... considering they were thinking on selling it for $3-$10 until the "man" saw i wanted it.. i asked for a price and he just took them from me to put them back like I wouldnt be interested in them... i was kinda mad but I dont think he intentionally meant it like that, but his inner thoughts came out....

anywho...

how much is one like that worth/ how much could i expect to sell it for?

thank you

time is of the essence.... i might go back for it!

Jennifer

2. Interesting find. I've never found anything like it. Have you tried searching on the web to see what these types of uniforms are going for?

3. thevintagebungalow

thevintagebungalow VFG Member

I looked up completed listings on ebay and there wasn't much there. Nothing over $26, so I don't know what to tell you. Sorry!

4. Jluthye

Jluthye Registered Guest

its ok.... yes i looked and can not find any.. the only one was on e-bau exact same yet short sleeved and they have a starting bid of over $200 dollars,, i dont think they will sell it but it would be nice lol....

just hoping some one has an idea if $40 is worth puutting out there?

lol:christmasdancing:

5. I bought one a while ago and had a look through ebay: there were lots of different styles and none of them went for much so I've decided to keep it as something indicative of the time when I do fashion parades and talks.

Nicole