1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need button ID - fraternal order???

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by DecadencePast, Nov 17, 2018.

1. DecadencePast

DecadencePast Registered Guest

Found an extremely well made heavy flannelled wool men's vest with these pretty buttons - but I can't seem to ID the fraternal order or organization they may represent (was thinking Scottish Right because of vest lapel design) - anyone have any ideas? thanks in advance ~ KD
    DSCN2701.JPG DSCN2693.JPG

Attached Files:

2. DecadencePast

duh! Scottish RITE - not Right :(

3. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

Long time no see! I'm no help KD, but just wanted to say hello. :hiya:

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

5. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

I think decorative as well. Did you do a google image search? And yes, welcome back to the boards.

6. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

:hiya:KD! No real help from me either, sorry.
    Knights Templar? A fire service?

7. DecadencePast

Hi, all - waving back to you from southern Oregon.

Guess I need to do some more research on this one. The buttons are super well made and I was just thinking this symbol (yes, Maltese Cross with something else - wheat sheaf?) had significance. The vest seems like it may have been part of an official uniform of some sort - but it's heavy wool & really well made.

Hope everyone is fine & preparing for a Happy Thanksgiving!

P.S. to Amanda - yes - my first google image search - sheesh, where have I been all this time?

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018