1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NEED HELP DATING A DRESS

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by VoodooVintage, Jan 29, 2010.

1. VoodooVintage

VoodooVintage Registered Guest

2. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Do you have a photo of the label itself? Your dress looks like it could be 60s... or 50s. I've had several David Crystal dresses and a coat or two, and I find that the labels are often very good guides to dating. I always check them against our label resource (there are several labels & eras shown) if I'm unsure as to dating by style.

3. Yes a label would help too... I kinda see 50s though? It is possible maybe late 40s if those are shoulder pads that I am seeing? Are they sewn in (appear to be oroginal) shoulder pads? If so are they thin/med and rounded or are they thick and triangular? Or is it just the way the dress sat and there are none?

Also the neck piece (drawing a blank on the term) it is attached? and what does the lapels look likle, those help me alot... I am

Thanks......