1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Finding Information

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Rebel Junque, Feb 13, 2020.

1. Rebel Junque

Rebel Junque Registered Guest

Hi all, I found a dress shirt at Goodwill this past week. I bought it because I planned to resell it, and quite honestly, its just really cool! But for now it is my mission to find out about it first. I have been given several guesses from friends that tried Googling it, but I don't think any of them are what I am looking for. The shirt is a shiny silver lamé that feels way softer/smoother than today's lamés. The collar and wristbands are very stiff, almost like there is a buckram interfacing in them. The buttons have been hand sewn on and really it looks handmade from the inside. There is a single tag at the base of the collar. Any information will be greatly appreciated.

A friend thought it might be Pathar Gatti, but the spelling is different. Another friend placed the tag style 1930-50. My cousin found a town with the same name with a lot of open air shops but not one named Royal.

Thanks in advance for any information.

Photos in replies.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
  2. Rebel Junque

3. Rebel Junque

It could us a good iron but I have not idea what the fabric content is. IMG_7261(1).jpg IMG_7260(1).jpg IMG_7255(1).jpg

4. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

5. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

agree. :) also, would suggest steaming it from the inside, rather than ironing.

Rebel Junque and Distantdetails like this.
  6. Rebel Junque

7. Rebel Junque

Thanks!

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  8. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

9. Rebel Junque

Thank you all so much. I am just getting started in re-selling and this caught my eye at my local Goodwill. It doesn't fit in my wardrobe of mom jeans and sweatshirts so I am going to list it in my etsy shop. I have only added my handmade items there so far, but I feel like a vintage piece like this will do better there than on ebay. I also have a sweet cream colored blouse with crochet lace that I can put in there.
    Again, thank you all for your time and input!

Retro Ruth likes this.
  10. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator