1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need Help Identifying a Valentina Ltd Dress.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Lizzie Wilkinson, Aug 31, 2019.

1. Lizzie Wilkinson

Lizzie Wilkinson Registered Guest

I bought this dress from a closing Theatre/costume store in the Dallas, TX area 5 years ago.

The dress tag looks authentic based on what I have seen here but I am suspicious the sleeves were added by the store. There is some repair needed for the dress as well. I am hoping to sell it to someone who appreciates the piece to restore it or at least store that will restore it.

thank you!!! <3
    IMG_4009.jpg 0.jpg

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

It's not the Valentina couturier who worked from New York, if that is who you are thinking of. She closed her shop in 1957, and in the early 1960s a Hong Kong manufacturer started using her name as a brand.

lkranieri likes this.
  3. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Cute dress, crazy looking sleeve for sure, what is that sleeve made of?

4. Lizzie Wilkinson

Strands of beads attached to that gold cuff. It felt so fancy when I wore it.

5. Lizzie Wilkinson

https://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/valentina-ltd/ - Do you mean this one? because that is who I matched the tag with. I am just trying to make sure if this dress is real. I did get some stores in my area suggested to me to take it to.

themerchantsofvintage likes this.
  6. Melina Rodriguez

Melina Rodriguez Registered Guest

I need to find this dress. My sister just purchased one with a small amount of damage at goodwill. I have been obsessing over it but...and struggling to find one, in any color, anywhere. HELP!!!